Friday, 2 January 2015

Happy new year! It looks to be a good year for us and for RPGs as a whole. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3... *rubs hands*. But first, to business. There hasn't been much time or peace and quiet for modding just recently, so, we decided to load up Umbral Abyss and playtest what we currently have in several sessions.

It's been a lot of fun and we have been able to track down lots of those little issues we will need to tidy up for the final version. What surprised me most is the size of the thing we have created. With the opportunity to make up your party of four companions from a pool of 6, large, expansive areas and countless ways in which to approach the tasks set before you, it has easily pushed my time spent playing UA to 30 hours - and I haven't even finished my playtest yet. Oh, and did I mention there is still chapter 3 to play?!

I admit I have been disappointed that I couldn't meet two previously announced release dates. They were rather poorly judged! But what we will hopefully have in a few months time is hours upon hours of adventures and new stories to be told. Very excited with the way the campaign is looking.

Some selected shots.

We've been purchased.

We meet a new companion.

Dale, chatting with the locals.

One of your primary foes in Umbral Abyss

Talking strategy

We have finally added in custom portraits for the companions for a touch of flavour and to make it easier to identify them. Here's Crispin

Machared

Faenwen

Meeting with King Brand of Dale

Enemies talk

In Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome any constructive comments!